Barbara A.- "So happy to see Elves w/ disabilities accepted for who they are! One's in a wheelchair, one has a hearing impairment & one doesn't speak. 1st time Santa's workshop shows the "Real World!"
Catheryn K.- "Sure to be a holiday classic your whole family will enjoy."
Winter H. - Facebook - "We had a lot of fun reading this! Emily really enjoyed the way she got to use her imagination as to be a part of the story! Reading this book has got us excited and ready for Christmas. Great Job L.L. Walters We loved it!"
Stephanie O. - Instagram/ Twitter - "Elves Up North is engaging, creative and fun for all ages!"
Jack M. - Reader's Favorite - 5 Stars!
- "As children listen to the story, they are offered opportunities to take part in guided imagery exercises where they close their eyes and visualize the places they’re visiting, as well as performing modified calisthenics and simple body movements as their part in making the magic happen."
- ..."It will, no doubt, help some overactive kids get more involved in the action without feeling tied down and restless.
- ..."Not a typical children’s book... encourages and prompts readers and children to act out the story, interact with it, and help shape it. I found this format to be intriguing and it may be helpful to do this with a group of kids
- "... designed this book so that parents and caregivers can read it as a whole or by chapter."
- ..."Guaranteed to get everyone in the mood for the Christmas season and is highly recommended."
Vernita N. - Reader's Favorite - 4 Stars (Yes, there's always one in a crowd...) ;)
- "Walters gives the elves clever and funny names which add to the interactive nature of the tale as kids figure out the derivation of names such as Ginger Breadman and Ren Deer."
- ..."More than just a children’s story;
- ..."Christmas with a twist..."
- Loved the educational concept of the book."
Gisela D. - Reader's Favorite - 5 Stars!
- "The story and writing are quite fun and engaging."
- ..."fun, entertaining Christmas read that encourages children to use their imaginations.
- ..."not a typical children’s book in the sense that it actively encourages and prompts readers and children to act out the story, interact with it, and help shape it. I found this format to be intriguing and it may be helpful to do this with a group of kids"...
Personal Friends -
Ms. Mary M - St. Michaels, MD - She is 96 1/2 yrs old and still smarter than I will ever hope to be!
Her quote - "Your book made me feel like a kid again!" :)
Donna V- Waldorf, MD - "Kept even me entertained and you know that's saying a lot!" ;)